IFIEC Europe represents the interests of those industrial sectors for which energy is a significant component of production costs. IFIEC Europe’s mission is to anticipate and to respond to the evolving requirements of those sectors by proposing policies that allow realistically priced energy to be available. This will allow them to continue to improve energy efficiency and environmental performance whilst ensuring international competitiveness both in Europe and throughout the world.
The objectives of IFIEC Europe are to:
- 1.ensure an open, transparent and competitive market for electricity and natural gas, based on well balanced and secured supply;
- 2.ensure choice and flexibility for industrial energy users to negotiate competitive conditions adapted to their differentiated consumer profiles in terms of supply load, continuity, flexibility, duration and price;
- ensure regulated third party access to electricity and natural gas infrastructures under non-discriminatory and transparent conditions;
- stimulate improved efficiency in the use of energy resources through cost-efficient opportunities and measures;
- contribute to the reduction of CO2 and other greenhouse gases within a framework that preserves industrial competitiveness
COMPETITIVE ENERGY SUPPLY, RESPONSIBLE USE OF ENERGY AND
CONSUMER CHOICE AND FLEXIBILITY,
ARE THE NECESSARY GROUND RULES FOR COMPETITIVE
AND SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY IN EUROPE.
Avenue Louise, 250/80
B 1050 Brussels
Tel 32 2 888 5269
Mobile: + 32 471 39 03 01
IFIEC EUROPE ELECTS NEW PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY PRESIDENT
Brussels, 3 June 2015– Today, IFIEC Europe has elected at its annual General Assembly Dr. Annette Loske, Managing Director of IFIEC´s German member federation VIK, as new President of IFIEC Europe. She has been involved in the activities of IFIEC Europe right from her start of working for VIK in 2001. For many years she has been a Board Member of IFIEC Europe, Chairwoman of the Working Party Climate and Efficiency as well as Member of the Management Committee.
Annette Loske succeeds Fernand Felzinger who will continue as Vice-President to chair IFIEC Europe´s Management Committee.
IFIEC Europe’s work in Brussels will be supported by the newly elected Deputy President, Alessandro Profili, from IFIEC´s Italian member federation AICEP, who succeeds Peter Claes. Mr Profili, who has a long company career and worked with various federations over the years, will act as Permanent Representative to the EU.
Board (Updated 30 June 2015)